Friday, December 7, 2007

More of the Same


The New York Rangers (15-12-2) were defeated tonight by the Atlanta Thrashers (14-13-1) by a score of 4-2. Slava Kozlov scored the go ahead goal with 5 minutes left in the game to break a 2-2 tie. Kozlov also added an assist, while Johan Hedberg had 30 saves in the win. The Ranger goals were scored by Marcel Hossa and Chris Drury. For a full recap go to Yahoo! Sports.

...I feel like I'm in the movie 'Groundhog Day' when Bill Murray lives the same day over and over again. In my case its every time I watch a Ranger game they only score 2 goals. It never changes.

...the game winner was soft, but you know what, I'm not blaming Valiquette for the loss. Where is the offense?

...with the Rangers almost 30 games into the season, I think its time to be concerned about this offense. They've scored a grand total of 66 goals in 29 games. To put that in perspective, the offensively challenged Devils have scored 74 in 28 games. The Red Wings lead the league with 97 in 28 games.

...speaking of the Devils, they won their 9th straight game tonight, catapulting them over Rangers into 1st place. Oh yeah and we play them on Sunday.

...here's some positive news, congratulations to Marcel Hossa on his first goal of the year (it took you long enough) and to Chris Drury on his 200th career goal. Drury has turned it on offensively lately. I'm really happy with his overall game right now.

...and the worst part about tonight's loss is that I can't even blame Malik.

1 comment:

bpette02 said...

They need to score more than 2 goals. I thought Valiquette allowed 2 weak goals last night. I can't blame him for the lost because he made some nice saves too.

I thought they played a much better game than there last 2 games. Overall I think they played better than Atlanta. It's still a lost.