Saturday, December 1, 2007

Offensive Fireworks


This afternoon, the New York Rangers (15-9-2) defeated the Ottawa Senators (16-7-2) by a score of 5-2. The Rangers, who had not scored a goal in the last two visits to Ottawa, scored 3 first period goals en route to the victory. The Rangers scored 5 goals for the first time since opening night. Goals were scored by Dan Girardi, Brendan Shanahan 2, Jaromir Jagr and Blair Betts, his first of the season. For a full recap go to Yahoo! Sports.

...I thought the first period was the best period of the season for the Rangers. The entire team was ready for this game from the drop of the puck.

...he's baaaaaack. Jagr is officially on his game again. For the second straight game he went hard to the net and was looking to shoot. I love when he cuts across the middle and rifles that wrist shot. Unstoppable.

....Shanahan has quietly gotten on an offensive roll himself. With two goals today he added to his team leading 9th of the season.

...thankfully for him, Malik had a solid game tonight. After he was benched by Renney earlier in the year he came back with a few solid games before hurting himself. So right now I'm feeling comfortable with Malik in there. However, I'd rather see him on the 3rd D-pairing with Mara.

...got to give credit to the 4th line for another great game. These guys are producing quality shifts night in and night out. No mistakes and Renney has rewarded them with increased ice time and assignments against opponent's top lines. Great job by Orr staying away from Neil and McGrattan when they were trying to get something going in the 1st period.

...I really do think the Ranger players read my blog, because one game after I jokingly congratulated Betts on his first goal of the season when he scored on Lundqvist, he actually scored a real goal tonight. Congrats on the first of the season Blair. Even if it was into the empty night. Just kidding Blair.

...finally, I pride myself on updating this blog as soon as I can, so I must apologize for not getting my game recap up until 11:30pm. Family obligation kept me away from the computer today.

1 comment:

bpette02 said...

Good game, especially the first period. After watching Jagr the past 3 games I can't understand how someone like him could ever lose confidence in his shot.

I like Prucha getting the elbow up on Neil. He gets knocked around too much, he needs to learn how to protect himself better. He should watch old tapes of Messier, if you tried to hit him you were getting a KOHO across the face.

Malik played well.

Is the power play coming to life? I won't get too excited yet.

I don't know if anyone watched the Islander game.

During the game Bobby Holik told Comrie "you stink at hockey." Comrie's feeling were hurt and Teddy Nolan was quoted as saying "it was a classless thing to say."