Monday, January 28, 2008

Jagr: I Do Care

Larry Brooks of The New York Post had a great article on Jaromir Jagr the other day, which includes these quotes from our Captain...

"When I play bad, people don't ever just say that I'm playing bad, they always say that I don't care, or I'm unhappy, or I'm not trying, or I lost interest," said Jagr, who turns 36 on Feb. 15. "Maybe it's a compliment that people don't think that I can just play bad, I don't know . . .

"It bothers me, because I do care and I do try my best all of the time, but there's nothing I can do about what people say about me.

"I have to say this. When there are times that I think I get too much of the blame, there are also times when I get too much of the credit. That's for sure. I don't complain when people say all the good things, so I can't complain when people say bad things. I just wish if they want to say bad things, say I'm playing bad, not that I don't care.

"I believe in myself and I believe in this team. I do. Now we have to do it, all of us. If we do, I don't have to think about next year, because they'll want me here . . . at least I hope so."

...sorry so late in posting this story.

...I think all the Jagr haters need to read this article. Too me it shows he cares and like anyone else can lose his confidence when things go wrong. The last thing Jagr can be accused of is being a cancer for the Rangers and anyone who puts the blame solely on Jagr for the team's lack of success so far this season hasn't watched this team.

...by the way, in the last 19 games Jagr has 24 points (8 goals, 16 assists) and is a +5.

...having said that, Jagr needs to get over people saying he doesn't care and lead this team to the playoffs. Like I've been saying, if this team doesn't turn it around in the next two weeks, its time to trade players such as Jagr, Shanahan, Straka and Rozsival for picks and prospects.

4 comments:

oh baby said...

I certainly don't think Jagr doesn't care, but when you see him taking his time to get back on defense, or taking his regular water skiing penalty, it's hard to dismiss it as just having a bad game.

Kevin DeLury said...

I definately agree that Jagr is lazy on defense and his hooking penalties are a bad example for the rest of the team, especially the youngsters, but his laziness is far from the sole reason we are where we are.

oh baby said...

He by no means is the sole reason for the Rangers poor play. I just feel that his laziness can't be chalked up to just having a bad game.

Kevin DeLury said...

I definitely agree with you on that. Unfortunately, you have to take the bad with the good when it comes to Jagr. Which is probably why he shouldn't be the captian of this team.