Monday, January 28, 2008

Malik May Play Tomorrow?!?!?!?

Sam Weinman at the Rangers Report gives us the latest on the Marek Malik situation...

"We know Marek Malik skated today. We know he had a talk with Tom Renney and his teammates before practice and we know, by all outside indications at least, that the team is trying to put the events of last week behind it.

Malik spoke for five minutes to a bunch of us. He said he was unhappy that his intentional snub last week, when he refused to shake Renney’s hand after Tuesday’s win, somehow was made public. But he said the whole thing was not about trying to disrespect anyone.

“The only thing I can tell you guys is my gesture or statement when I didn’t shake Tom’s hand wasn’t anything personal about anybody on this team, the coaches, the organization, or my teammates” he said “It was just my personal statement about my situation here. But it was not to disrespect anyone.”

Of course, that’s the way it was interpreted, so Malik may still have some work to do in winning back the affections of his teammates. As for Renney, he said Malik is on the roster, part of the team, and could even play tomorrow against the Canes.

So maybe Malik got his message across after all…"

...I'll pretty much lose all respect for Renney if Malik is in the lineup tomorrow. Unless its to showcase him for a potential trade. Actually, if the Rangers are trying to showcase Malik it might be better if they didn't let him play at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt think it was possible to hat Malik more than I already do. If we need to start him a few games in order to trade him. I am all for it. If there is no interest for Malik right now, then there is no need to start him. Then all we can hope for is the same high ankle sprain that Crosby has.

bpette02 said...

If Malik plays Renney's ass should be shit-canned.