Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Malik Update

John Dellapina of the Daily News reported yesterday that Marek Malik was miffed by his benching in Vancouver...

"Marek Malik, who angrily stomped out of the arena in Edmonton on learning he'd be scratched Saturday, said yesterday that "absolutely I was upset - especially if I'm not going to have any answers, any explanations why. I thought I played a good game in Vancouver (on Thursday night). I guess I was wrong.

'It's not fun. It's sad.'

Malik, deposed this season from the top blueline pair, was among the seven defensemen to practice yesterday. As for whether he'll dress tonight, Renney wasn't saying - to reporters or players. 'I don't know anything,' Malik shrugged. 'No idea.'..."

...I'll tell you what's sad, its that Malik thought he played a good game in Vancouver.

...however, if Renney and the coaching staff are not communicating with Malik on his benchings and what he needs to work on, then you know what, Malik has every right to be upset.

No comments: