Wednesday, January 23, 2008

NHL to Investigate Kovalchuk Hit on Rozsival

According to TSN, the NHL is investigating Ilya Kovalchuk's hit from behind on Michal Rozsival last night...

"...A suspension is possible.

Kovalchuk was assessed a five minute major and game misconduct late in the first period for hitting Rozsival from behind. Rozsival returned to the game after the first intermission....

...After the game Kovalchuk tried to explain the hit. 'I just tried to finish my check, and he kind of turned right before I tried to hit him,' he said.

'He hit the boards; it wasn't my [intention] to hurt him or anything,' added the 24-year-old. 'It's a contact sport. I wasn't trying to kill anybody.'..."

...I'm sorry that was a dirty hit and Kovalchuk should be suspended. We saw in last year's playoffs that this guy can lose his cool and that's what happened last night.

No comments: