Monday, January 21, 2008

The Reaction

Plenty of player reaction to that disgusting display of hockey yesterday. Here it is...

John Dellapina has these quotes in his story for The Daily News...

"We deserved to be booed out of the rink today," winger Brendan Shanahan said after the Rangers indeed were booed off the ice following their eighth loss in 10 games (2-6-2). "I think we're all disgusted with ourselves."

Rangers coach Tom Renney said, "...We'll keep sending (the message). And if we have to rearrange lines or put people in the lineup or take people out of the lineup to ensure that we get at least what we're looking for in the attempt to do things right, then that's where we are. So step up or step back."

Larry Brooks at the New York Post had these...

"We're playing as bad as since I've been here," Shanahan said. "From the first day, we haven't developed any consistent chemistry. We don't work hard enough. We don't think well enough. We make the same mistakes. You don't have to be Scotty Bowman to figure out what's wrong."

"It kind of surprised me, but I think I should have had it," said Lundqvist, whose gaffe allowed Boston to take a 1-0 lead and then play lockdown the rest of the way.

...I have to first start with Lundqvist's quote. 'I think I should have had it." Please don't start going into denial Lundqvist. Except for the previous two games you have been an average goaltender for the last month and a half. I don't think you should have had it. I know you should have had it.

...I'm very interested to see if Renney sticks to his tough talk. We'll know right away on Tuesday when we look at the lineup or see the ice times at the end of the game. Please Renney, if you keep the third line in tact, play them more than the fourth line. I beg you.

No comments: