Thursday, March 27, 2008

Brodeur: Lundqvist is Weird

Larry Brooks at The New York Post reports on Martin Brodeur's comments regarding Henrik Lundqvist in a January 14, 2008 edition of Sports Illustrated...

"Imagine Henrik Lundqvist's surprise upon discovering that Martin Brodeur had been quoted as saying of the Rangers' goaltender, "The way he plays is not something I like too much. Lundqvist is weird."

...a rather bemused Lundqvist told The Post yesterday. "Does he think my style is weird? I don't think I have a weird style. Does he think that I'm weird as person? I don't think I'm weird. I don't know what to say."

Brooks also reports this from the SI article...

In the SI article, Brodeur is described as being miffed that Lundqvist did not acknowledge him at last year's NHL awards ceremony in Toronto when both were nominees for the Vezina that the New Jersey netminder captured for the third time.

"Of course I was a little surprised to hear he was insulted. I mean, it takes two to say hello, doesn't it?"

...what I find weird is that this is only coming out now when the comments were made in January. I guess no one reads SI anymore.

...regarding the comments. I'm assuming Brodeur was talking about Lundqvist's goaltending style (which I don't find weird at all) and Brooks is trying to make a bigger deal out of it then it really is. Which is par for the course for him.

No comments: