Monday, March 3, 2008

Dawes Gets Some Love

Dan Rosen at NHL.com, which has been publishing a lot of Ranger related articles this week, has a great article on Nigel Dawes...

Nigel Dawes has heard it nearly half his life.

"You're too small," they used to tell him. "You'll never be big enough to play in the NHL," he would hear. "Forget about it," his critics bemoaned. "Try something else," they begged.

"I've been battling it since I was 13- or 14-years-old," Dawes recently told NHL.com. "It's irrelevant to me now."

...it took the Ranger organization a little longer than I would have liked to feel confident with Dawes, but it looks like their patience has paid off as Dawes looks like a player that can help the Rangers succeed for years to come.

...here are some understated stats for Dawes: +9, more takeaways (15) than turnovers (14). He also has 61 hits and 21 blocked shots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just really show takeaways vs turnovers.... I guess you have reinstated yourself as President of the Nigel Dawes Fan Club.

bpette02 said...

I can't believe he didn't mention his 3 game winning goals.