Friday, March 14, 2008

Not So Fast Glen

At The Daily News John Dellapina reports that Glen Sather might have been a bit presumptuous when he said Jaromir Jagr wanted to finish his career with the Rangers...

Glen Sather's declaration Monday in Prague that Jaromir Jagr had told him he wants to finish his career in New York was news to the Rangers' captain...

...when pressed upon whether he wanted to end his NHL career in New York, Jagr replied: "I'm not sure. I don't know. I haven't thought about it."

...I said this yesterday. Too much is being made out of this right now. Jagr acknowledges in the story that the only reason he hadn't thought about he future was because he was confident he'd hit the incentives to trigger his extension for next year.

...with the Rangers in the middle of another battle for the playoffs, I'm sure his mind is on winning games and will worry about his future during the summer.

No comments: