Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mara & Prucha to Sit

***UPDATED***

Contrary to Steve Zipay's report below, John Dellapina at The Blueshirts Blog writes...

"Malik and Petr Prucha were the two players who stayed on for a while for some extra skating. So expect Prucha to be the lone forward scratched while Malik, as expected, goes back to press box duty as well. It would be a stunner if Jason Strudwick weren’t the other healthy scratch on defense. But Renney wasn’t saying."

...not sure what to think now.

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes reports...

"No official word, but it appears Paul Mara and Petr Prucha will be healthy scratches.Mara answered a question about playing with "I don't know", and didn't look happy. Everyone skated, the vets just briefly. Not sure at this point who'll be in on D, Marek Malik or Jason Strudwick."

...Tom, I'm trying not to criticize you, but you're making it real hard. If Malik is in the lineup tonight, I might have to report that a Black Sox type fix is in. There's just no other explanation.

...listen, I'm not saying Mara is Bobby Orr, but he has to be in there tonight, if for nothing else other than keeping Tyutin off the power play.

...the only reason I'm not killing Renney on Hollweg being in the lineup is that with Orr out we need some type of physical presence. But having both Struds and Wegs is just too much for the playoffs. To me Renney is over thinking right now.

2 comments:

Jeffey Paswick said...

u dorkzoids are going down! marty broduer!!! he is my best player! go DEVILS!!!!

bpette02 said...

I don't thinking over thinking would be the correct term. In fact I don't think he is thinking at all. Both players (Sturds and Hollweg) are borderline NHLers and have no business being in a play-off game. Hopefully we'll see prucha and Mara.