Friday, May 30, 2008

Avangard Omsk Pursuing Jagr Hard

From Dubi at the Blueshirt Bulletin...

Avangard Omsk appears to be seriously pursuing Jaromir Jagr. "They are in full swing," Omsk GM Anatoly Bardin said of negotiations with the Ranger captain during a press conference yesterday. "We talked with him today at night. Jagr returns from vacation in New York to the Czech Republic in mid-June -- I will go to the Czech Republic to continue negotiations with Jaromir."

...I'd be happy with whatever happens. If Jagr decides to sign with the Rangers, great we'll have one of the best players in the league back for another season. If he decides to play in Russia, fine we can start the post Jagr era and sign a younger winger i.e. Rolston or Hossa.

2 comments:

bpette02 said...

Younger wingers and you mention Rolston? Rolston is only 1 year younger than Jagr, not really what I would call a youth movement.

Kevin DeLury said...

1 year is technically younger. Although, I guess I should read the DOB before I write something like that.