Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Avery: I Thought I Was Done

Larry Brooks at the New York Post writes about Sean Avery's health and wanting to re-sign with the Rangers...

Avery on the spleen...

"I was writing my will that first night," Avery told The Post by phone yesterday. "I was in bad shape. I was nervous. I was trying not to think about it.

"I thought I was done."

Avery, who is expected to make a full recovery, was released from St. Vincent's on Sunday. He'll report for the Rangers' break-up meetings today in the wake of the second-round five-game elimination by Pittsburgh that was sealed by Marian Hossa's offside-enabled OT goal Sunday afternoon.

"I feel 1,000 times better now; I feel great," said Avery. "I was checked today, there are no infections, my blood is good and I'm due for another exam on Thursday. I feel like I could play tonight, but unfortunately there's no game."

Avery on re-signing with the Rangers...

"I bleed Ranger blue," said No. 16. "It would be very disappointing if I don't get to come back and play here.

"Losing this series is extremely upsetting, not only on a personal level, but because of the passion of the fans here who enhance every experience of being a Ranger.

"The way it ended, it's like we let down the city. I want to come back and win for these people as much as for myself and my teammates."

...give the man his money.

No comments: