Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jagr Could Sign With Montreal or Ottawa

When asked by an Oilers fan if Jaromir Jagr could end up in Edmonton this off-season Jim Matheson of The Edmonton Journal had this to say...

"I don't see the Oilers being in the hunt for Jagr, and I don't see him in any way interested in playing here. He's spent his whole NHL career playing in the East and, right now, East is the more wide-open conference, which is what he likes. If he doesn't re-sign in New York, where he has a very good relationship with coach Tom Renney, and still wants to play in the NHL and not hike over to play in Omsk for a truckload of money in the Russian Super League, I can see him signing in Montreal or maybe Ottawa but not out here."

...obviously this is just speculation by Matheson. I can't see Jagr being on any other team in the NHL other than the Rangers next year. And if he doesn't sign with the Rangers, I see him playing in the Russian Super League.

No comments: