Monday, June 30, 2008

Jagr to the Leafs?

Laine Brown at The Bleacher Report says...

"I have heard from several sources that Cliff Fletcher is talking to Rangers GM Glen Sather about trading Jaromir Jagr's rights to the Toronto Maple Leafs. It would give the Leafs a chance to possibly unload some of the players that they wanted, such as Bryan McCabe or Pavel Kubina.

In return, the Rangers would get something for Jagr instead of losing him to the open market."

...anybody else sick of all these rumors coming from so-called sources? I guess I'm part of the problem by setting up links to this garbage, but rumors are part of the fun of free agency. And if I want to give Ranger fans as much info on the Rangers as possible I've got to give you anything and everything I can find. No matter how absurd.

...12p.m. can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the fact this is the best Rangers blog (basically because it puts all the news in one place, so I don't have to check five websites every morning), yet no one comments. Well, I hope to start a trend. I think the Rangers need to get rid of some excess baggage, and yes, Avery is included. But Jagr has at least one good year left for us. Shanny, Straka, Rosie - good guys, but we have to move on. We need to get a Campbell or a Redden, or both. Sundin? Come on. I'm sick and tired of the Rangers being the team that picks up FAs that are 37 years old.... Let's build below with our young Ds, and get some veteran Ds in to teach them. D wins championships.

Kevin DeLury said...

Definitely would like to see more comments. Hopefully this will be the springboard. Thanks anon.