Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fans Say Jagr & Avery "No Great Loss"

Stan Fischler at MSG.com has quotes from Ranger fans on the loss of Jaromir Jagr and Sean Avery, including this one...

DAN AKESON, Long Island: "Jagr scored only 25 goals last season and had injury problems. Is he worth the same money as Scott Gomez or Chris Drury? No. His replacement, Markus Naslund, is younger, cheaper and had similar points last year. The team is now in the well-conditioned hands of Gomez-Drury, as it should be.

I like the other replacements: Nikolai Zherdev for Marty Straka. A stud winger for one who is on the way out.

As for Avery, he has never remained with a team for more than a couple of seasons because his 'shtick' gets old. Should a character guy like Drury have to answer for Avery's antics? No!"

...i've said this already, but I actually like the way the team looks right now with Drury and Gomez leading the way. I may be eating those words in December, but right now I'm excited for the season. More than if the Rangers only moves were to re-sign all their free agents.

3 comments:

Scotty Hockey said...

I believe that Dan is Pucks on Broadway, who also writes for THN. Damn show off, lol.

Anonymous said...

I thought Drury would have been more of a clutch player as teh season moved on. I guess he did his job, but I really hope he's not captain. NYC needs a character as a captain, like Gomez. Drury is too iceman to take NYC by the horns.

Kevin DeLury said...

I guess he likes the exposure.