Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pock Turns Down Offers to Play in Europe

Mitch Beck over at Howlings spoke with Thomas Pock about being contacted by several European teams...

"I don't want to go back to Europe. I believe that I can play in the NHL and I'm not giving up on my dreams. I'm going to be 100% ready to fight for a spot come September." Pock said.

Beck also reports that Pock has not been in contact with the Rangers organization about his role with the team next year.

In related news Jason Strudwick has signed with the Edmoton Oilers, see here.

...man I hate seeing this kid rot down in Hartford. He played so well for the Rangers down the stretch in 2007 and in the first round of the playoffs against Atlanta. One of the biggest mistakes the Rangers made last year was not having this guy stay on the roster.

...maybe with Strudwick leaving for Edmonton, Pock could land the 7th defenseman spot. And with Kalinin's injury problems you never know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Newsflash...POCK SUCKS! He is not a prospect anymore, due to the fact that he is old and is not even a natural defenceman. I hope this guy goes back to Europe so I never have to hear about "the 2nd coming of Brian Leetch" aka Thomas Pock.