Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Staal Likes Changes

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has Marc Staal's feelings on the Rangers off-season moves...

"I'm excited about the guys we got," he said. "Redden's an All-Star, a great player, he'll really be good. I know Naslund from watching him when I was growing up (in Thunder Bay, Ontario). He's got experience, he's been on the power play."

Newyorkrangers.com has more Staal thoughts on being a Ranger and his up-coming sophomore season here.

Despite Staal's endorsement of the moves, there are still Ranger fans out there furious with the changes. Adam Protreau at The Hockey News prints this letter from an obviously sarcastic Rangers fan...

Adam,

You are so wrong about the Redden contract. As a loyal Blueshirts fan, I love the idea of Redden and our other elite defenseman Michal Rozsival combining to make nearly $12 million next year.

That No. 1 pair is nothing compared to elite game-breaker Markus Naslund, who is primed to score 18 big goals and 47 HUGE points for us and make us forget that Jagr dude.

If that isn't enough, since those three guys make up, like, I don't know, two thirds of our cap space, you are going to be shocked and awed by the precocious Petr Prucha flying up and down the wing on our FIRST LINE. Watch out, NHL, here come the Rangers.

(I will now drop the radio into my bathtub. God, I hope I don't miss).

Jim Mauceri, Staten Island, N.Y.

...as I've said numerous times on this site I like the moves. Not necessarily the contracts, but I like the look of the team. Nice mix of veterans (Drury, Gomez, Naslund) and youngsters (Dubinsky, Staal, Callahan, etc.). Along with the infusion of some much needed speed (Zhedev). Oh yeah and we have this guy named Henrik Lundqvist in goal.

No comments: