Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Young Players Ready to Take the Lead

Jess Rubenstein at The Prospect Park says the young Rangers are going to be the real leaders on this team for years to come...

"We are talking about Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, Brandon Dubinsky, Nigel Dawes and Ryan Callahan as they are the true core of the Rangers and will become the leadership of the team. These are the ones who will step up on and off the ice when the team needs someone too now they have NHL experience under their belts."

...this post by Rubenstein really got me fired up about the future of this franchise.

...no mention of Jessiman as a potential leader. What's up with that Rubenstein? Just kidding of course.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you do is make half-assed blue italic comments on other peoples work. What got you fired up? Fired up as in excited about the season or angry at the recent trades?

The youth he mentioned should be staples of the Rangers. I don't even know who the hell you mentioned.

Kevin DeLury said...

You obviously didn't read my entire half-assed comment as it said "fired up about the future of the franchise." And you must like my half-assed comments as you seem to visit the blog pretty often. Thanks for you insightful comments.

Anonymous said...

The individual who posted first on this thread is a different anonymous poster, I am the one who usually posts under the anonymous name with posts of agreement and sometimes disagreement. I enjoy your blog very much, for it brings together all the various Ranger related stories scattered across the web. Keep up the good work.

Back to the post, I agree with Rubenstein about some of these kids eventually becoming the core of the team and being leaders, but I disagree with Dawes and Callahan being a part of that core. They should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Staal and Dubinsky when it comes to talking about prospects.

bpette02 said...

I hope Girardi becomes a better player than Jay Wells. I actually already think he is.

Kevin DeLury said...

My apologies to the real Anonymous.

KingByrne said...

Don't worry, I took the time to actually get a google account so this doesn't happen again.