Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hip May Be Reason for Rozsival's Struggles

After again putting himself through post practice defensive drills, Michal Rozsival addressed the status of his hip after off-season surgery...

“I feel I need to get back to work,” Rozsival said to Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report. “Even if the hip feels better, it’s still not strong enough. You have to work on it every day on the ice or off. It’s not just my hip. It helps my overall conditioning just to get a better feel for my skating: to get stronger and more comfortable. It helps your confidence to do a little bit more work. I hope it helps with my game.”

...Rozsival has been taking a beating from the Garden faithful. But fans need to remember he did have off-season surgery and some players take longer to recover than others. Look at how poorly Peyton Manning played earlier this year coming off of off-season knee surgery compared to how he's played the last four weeks.

...because Rozsival has been a solid player for the Rangers the last three years, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

...hopefully he's able to work the hip back into shape soon and start helping this team.

1 comment:

bpette02 said...

Could you imagine how the Garden crowd would've react if Rozsival put the puck into his own like the poor guy in Montreal did?