Thursday, November 20, 2008

MSG Cancelling "MSG, NY" & "Hockey Night Live"

According to Neil Best at Newsday, MSG Media president Mike Bair confirmed yesterday that they were repurposing MSG's daily "MSG, NY" show as something more closely resembling a traditional postgame show and generally will appear only on nights the Knicks and/or Rangers play.

MSG also will cancel its weekly "Hockey Night Live" show.

...while I appreciated MSG's attempt to give the Metro area hockey fan more hockey programming with "Hockey Night Live" I refused to watch it purely because of my hatred of Butch Goring and Ken Daneyko.

3 comments:

HockeyRiz said...

Thank god they are getting rid of those shows. I didn't really like the idea of a show after a Rangers game that provided commentary for all area hockey games (Islanders, Devils). I just want a post game show with just Ranger interviews and commentary. The way a true post game should be.

DO WORK said...

Get Ron Duguay a new suit while your at it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was never really a fan.