Friday, November 21, 2008

Valiquette Gets Nod In Ottawa

Steve Valiquette will be getting his fourth start of the season tomorrow against the Ottawa Senators says Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report.

Here's Valiquette on how getting into the Vancouver game was a plus for him...

“I guess I can say that I’m fortunate that it happened,” Valiquette said. “It’s nice to play. Practice has been great so I have any questions even the day after that game in Toronto. So it was right back to business with Benoit (Allaire). I felt confident going in against Vancouver. So as long as you know it, it comes.”

...Weinman says it's coincidental that Valiquette is getting the start after Lundqvist was pulled after giving up 5 goals against Vancouver, but it is coming at a nice time for Henrik.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a Vali fan and if he has D willing to play in front of him the game should go smoothly.

bpette02 said...

I'm never happy to hear that Valiquette is starting. However, I realize Hank can't play every game. Valiquette did look good the other night but Hank should be well rested and ready to bounce back after last game. I'd only play Valiquette when the Rangers have back to back games.