Thursday, December 4, 2008

Avery Apologizes, Has Hearing Today

Here is Sean Avery's statement before leaving for New York and a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman that's scheduled for today (from NHL.com)...

"I would like to sincerely apologize for my off-color remarks to the press yesterday from Calgary. I should not have made those comments and I recognize that they were inappropriate. It was a bad attempt to build excitement for the game, but I am now acutely aware of how hurtful my actions were. I caused unnecessary embarrassment to my peers as well as people I have been close with in the past," Avery said. "I apologize for offending the great fans of the NHL, the commissioner, my teammates, my coaching staff and the Dallas Stars management and ownership. As many of you know, I like to mix it up on and off the ice from time to time, but understand that this time I took it too far."

FYI the Dallas Star got pummeled by the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 last night minus Avery.

No comments: