Friday, January 9, 2009

Jagr Willing to Play With Pens for League Minimum

While Jaromir Jagr notes that he has no immediate plans on returning to the NHL, he did tell Ken Campbell at The Hockey News this...

“I was thinking about it and if Mario would call me and say, ‘I’d like you to play for our team,’ I would think about it a lot,” Jagr said in a telephone interview from Moscow where the Kontinental League will hold its inaugural All-Star Game outdoors at Red Square Saturday. “I would play for the minimum salary. I would play for $350,000 just for him because I owe him my hockey life."

...after seeing Jagr leave the NHL for the riches of the KHL, why do I find this hard to believe.

With the earlier report today that Jagr's hand-picked Avangard Omsk coach Wayne Fleming was fired, I wondered if it could get any worse for the former Ranger in Russia. But I guess it's not all bad as Lynn Zinser at the New York Times was able to get a phone interview with Jagr today in which he said he had no regrets about leaving the NHL as well as this...

“You could write a book about it,” Jagr said of his season during a telephone interview from Moscow. “But I’m fine. I’m doing good. I’m happy.”

...of course he's happy. He has 10 million reasons this year and next year to be happy.

...despite using a link to my blog as an example of someone who promotes Eklund, I'm still going to give Greg Wyshinski at Puck Daddy a hat tip for these two links.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish jagr never left. Most Rangers fans didn't treat him right and now look what is happening. We cant finish games. On the up side we have younger talent. The record says we are a better team then last year but it just doesn't seem like its true.

Unknown said...

Wysh calls you out as a Eklund "suporter?"

Kevin DeLury said...

I agree 100% Mop.

Jack, he didn't call me out per say. But when a reader on my blog wrote comment that I should stop linking to Eklund because he charges people, Wysh setup a link to that post as a way to bash Eklund.