Friday, January 30, 2009

Reitz Speaks

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes spoke with the newest Ranger Erik Reitz today, who had this to say...

"I can bring a physical presence on defense, finish my checks and stick up for my teammates, as Tom already said in the paper," Reitz said after the skate. "With six d, I hope I can work my way into the lineup and show the team what I’ve got."

Reitz also spoke about some familiar faces on the Rangers...

"Girardi played with us (in OHL Barrie) for just one season then burst his spleen, then the next season I was in Houston the AHL," he said "I know Chris Drury, I used to surf with him in LA when I used to go out there and train, and I know Voros from Minny, played with him in Houston too."

Zipay doesn't think Reitz will play tomorrow in Boston.

...i'm of the opinion of getting the new guy right in the line-up. So I'm a little disappointed Reitz won't get a chance tomorrow. Any one of our defensemen could use a much deserved rest right now.

No comments: