Thursday, February 19, 2009

Avery Being Avery In Second Game With Wolf Pack

Sean Avery had two shots and was on the ice for the only goal in the Hartford Wolf Packs 1-0 loss to the Islanders AHL affiliate Bridgeport Sound Tigers tonight. For game recap click here.

Avery, who got in a yapping match with one Sound Tiger player and then poked another in the face along the boards without an official noticing, had this to say after the game...

“As far as battles go and getting hits, it was better on the lungs than in the first game, so I’m happy about that,” said Avery. “They were coming at me from the start of the game, and I was a little quiet, which takes a little away from my game. Then I started to give back a little of what I was getting, which makes me play better.

“I’m targeted, but I know I did it eight years ago. They’re all trying to get to the next level, so they wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t go after me. I’m not too happy about the loss, but I feel better for sure.”

Here's video of the poking incident...



...man I can't wait to get this guy back on the team to bring some much needed energy to these games.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you see the highlight of him knocking the goalie's helmet off? Then he signals to the goalie as if to say, "Hey, where's your helmet?"