Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Avery Sent to Hartford

ESPN.com reports that the Dallas Stars have assigned Sean Avery to the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack.

Jane McManus at The Rangers Report has this quote from Avery...

“I would like to thank Glen Sather and the Rangers organization for giving me the chance to resume my hockey career by affording me this opportunity with the Hartford Wolf Pack,” Avery said in a statement. “I am looking forward to getting back on the ice, working my way back to the NHL and playing the game I love. While I appreciate the many interview requests, at this point in time, I would like to focus on hockey and will not be making any further statements while with the Wolf Pack.”

The next question is when will the Stars expose Avery to re-entry waivers and will any other team claim him ahead of the Rangers.

...Avery will not solve all the Rangers problems, god knows there are way too many of those, but getting him in here will be a great first step.