Friday, February 13, 2009

Drury Not Such a Quiet Leader

Adam Kimelman at NHL.com has a feature on Chris Drury being a leader his entire life...

Drury on the perception that he is a quiet leader...

"I'm not going to be screaming left and right all the time, but certainly when something needs to be said or I want to say something, I'm going to say it," he said. "I think the impression out there is that I don't talk at all, but that couldn't be further from the truth."

...Drury has been given a long leash so far during his tenure with the Rangers despite not living up to his contract. I think most Ranger fans root for this guy because he does lay it all out on the line. Plus he's a tri-state area guy who grew up a Rangers and Yankees fan. How can we not pull for him? But we need him to regain his scoring touch quickly if we're going to do any damage in the playoffs. Or get there at all.

...as far as how he leads, I wouldn't mind hearing that he got in few guys faces (Gomez) and told them to pick up their game.

Video: NHL Network presents an inside-look at New York Rangers captain Chris Drury here.

NHL.com also has a feature on Brandon Dubinsky's improvement as a two-way player here. It includes an accompanying video here.

No comments: