Monday, February 23, 2009

Tortorella and Rangers Reach Multi-Year Deal

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has been told by two people familiar with the situation that John Tortorella has reached a multi-year agreement to succeed Tom Renney as head coach of the Rangers.

One snag is that Tortorella has time remaining on his contract with the Lightning, who fired him last June, and they want compensation. Apparently the league is helping to broker a deal.

Tortorella coached the Rangers for four games in 1999 and coached the Tampa Bay Lighting from 2001-2008 including winning the Jack Adams Trophy as well as the Stanley Cup.

2 comments:

RJC said...

It should be noted that the profane exchange in this clip was between Larry Brooks of the Post and John Tortorella in 2007. So at a minimum, post game press conferences will be more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8CJQiAycI

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.



___________________
Andrew
Email Marketing Solutions