Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tortorella Philosophy

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has more quotes from John Tortorella on what his philosophy will be with the Rangers...

"I have always liked the pressure game. We're gonna try to pressure... We're not trapping. Everybody thinks it's a defensive system; it's a transition mechanism. But I've gotta be careful; I made a major mistake last year with our team in Tampa where I was too aggressive and our D couldn't handle it and it cost us. I made a huge mistake in not changing that a little bit. I waited too long."

Tortorella adds that he will be in charge of the power play, he's not a four line guy, Mike Pelino has been re-assigned, and players will be held accountable.

...while all this sounds great, I'm not going to get overly excited until they start winning.

No comments: