Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sather: Second Round or Bust ***Updated****

***Updated***

...as posted in the comments section. I was completely played by Carp this morning. The below post was an April Fool's Day joke that I fell for hook, line and sinker.

...and not only was I fooled I mistakenly posted that Sather was holding the address, when Carp reported Dolan. That computer worm virus must have gotten in my head.

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report says that during Glen Sather's annual late-season state-of-the-Rangers address with the media later today he’s going to exclaim that the Rangers need to make it to the second round of the playoffs or there will be a housecleaning.

Carpiniello also reports that the Rangers might have signed the next Malkin.

...Sather's talking second round? This team just needs to worry about making the playoffs.

...and how in the world is he going to clean house? Unless he's going to be buying players out or putting them on waivers, there is no chance he can move Drury, Gomez, Rozsival or Redden's contracts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopefully "the next Malkin" isn't as hard to look at as the current troll-faced superstar.

Topher0820 said...

i'm pretty sure this was an april fool's joke dude

jb said...

You've been played. LOL

Kevin DeLury said...

Not only did I get played, I posted that Sather was addressing the media when Carp was reporting Dolan. All around terrible job my me today.

Glad to see you guys are paying attention.

King Byrne said...

While Redden is impossible to move, I think that Rozsival could definitely be moved (and he should be), and Gomez and Drury have a slight chance of being able to be moved.