Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tortorella's Exit Interview

Arthur Staple at Blue Notes posts John Tortorella's exit interviews with reporters today which ranged from subjects such as Game 7, the direction of the franchise and his suspension...

On whether the team needed better talent, or the talent it has wasn't good enough:

"Both. I'm not the manager of the club, and we're going to have meetings in two weeks to determine what our team is. But I can step out and say I don't think we have it totally, as far as within our team, and I don't think we got it totally from the people on our team."

...wow that's a tough statement. Wonder how the players are going to react?

2 comments:

Topher0820 said...

It is a tough statement. I think the players are smart enough to know he's correct though, i read that last statement as basically: "We didn't have the talent to win a championship, and the guys we did have didnt all play up to their potential" both perfectly valid statements.

Anonymous said...

It is good to see that Torts is honest and open. I give him kudos for admitting that having the confrontation with the fan was wrong and that this team lacks much talent.