Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lisin Will Do Whatever it Takes to Win

Jim Cerny at newyorkrangers.com recently interviewed newest Ranger Enver Lisin...

On what the Rangers should expect from him...

“I want to show them my effort and that I am willing to sacrifice for wins,” stated the 23-year-old Lisin, who was acquired by the Rangers from the Phoenix Coyotes this past summer in exchange for Lauri Korpikoski. “I will do whatever it takes to win every game, game after game. I will not stop working until 60 minutes, or 65 minutes, has passed.”

On his strengths...

“I love to skate, and have always been able to skate well ever since I was little,” said Lisin, who notched 13 goals in 48 games -- including one against the Rangers at The Garden – last season. “I can carry the puck and shoot, too, but there are so many great players here, I don’t have to think or worry about anything. All I have to do is work hard and keep skating, playing my game.”

On playing for the Rangers...

“I know about this team’s history,” he said. “And I am just honored to play here and be a Ranger.”

...a young, European whose a great skater and hasn't been able to find his scoring touch in Phoenix. What is this Freddie Sjostrom Part II?

1 comment:

TestBlog2121 said...

This Lisin guy looks good. I checked out his goals on the NHL.com highlight and he looks like he could be a 15-20 goal scorer. Not bad.