Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nothing to Report on Dubinsky Negotiations

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports Brandon Dubinsky's agent, Kurt Overhardt, texted tonight that there was "nothing to report" in the negotiations between his client and the Rangers.

On him being worried that John Tortorella is mad after hearing the head coach's comments yesterday that every minute that goes by w/o the center hurts him and the team, Dubinsky said...

"Of course I am," Dubinsky said. "He's my coach. I care about everything he says. And he's right, as well, with that statement."

...if/when Dubinsky signs Tortorella should have him do a 90-lap endurance skate instead of the 45-lap everyone else had to do.

...sorry so late on the updates today, but had to coach my daughter's soccer team this morning then football all afternoon. By the way, loving my first round fantasy football pick Drew Brees. Six touchdowns!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Brian said...

If the Rangers are only offering 1 year at $700k, can you really blame him? He and Callahan are very similar, and while Callahan is arguably the better of the two, Dubinsky is definitely not $1.4 million or so behind. I'm starting to think that Sather may be stalling a bit...

Kevin DeLury said...

Brian, I'm with you, the Rangers offer is insulting. But Torts has to get Dubinsky into shape when he gets back. 90-laps should do it.