Saturday, September 12, 2009

Torts: Dubinsky's Agent is Stupid

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has this quote from John Tortorella on the Brandon Dubinsky contract negotiations...

"It’s stupid, " the Rangers head coach said after 50-plus players went through a series of medical tests and wind sprints. "He’s a young man that needs to be here. I think a player needs to be with his teammates. I’m hoping he realizes that. I think his agent’s stupid….I think Dubi understands my feelings. I thought Glen (Sather) was very honest with Dubi a couple days ago---I was privy to that conversation---as a general manager and man-to-man as a friend."

...this is getting ugly quick.

Something that might help get an agreement done is that Dany Heatley was finally traded to the San Jose Sharks for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a second round pick per TSN.

...the only other Dubinsky trade opportunity is to the Bruins for Kessel. Which doesn't seem likely.

...i really can't believe this is happening. At first I was completely blaming the Rangers for letting this drag on, but the last few days I've been seeing reports that Dubinsky may be asking way too much. Either way the Rangers, Dubinsky and the fans lose if the young center gets traded.

Zipay also reports on Tortorella excusing Marian Gaborik from the first day of 18 laps with the team and will be on the bike instead of joining tonight's 3-mile-run...

“He was skating everyday, it’s was just a little sore from that," said head coach John Tortorella. "We don’t want to do anything stupid here. We want to make sure he’s ready to play when the regular season starts. We have to manage that.”

...the guy's sore already?!?! Camp just started today.

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has more on these and other issues here.

No comments: