Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where is Bobby Sanguinetti?

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report takes notice that Bobby Sanguinetti didn't play last night and is not in the line-up for either the Ranger or Wolf Pack games tonight and can't figure out why...

"Sanguinetti, for those who asked, is not in the lineup tonight at the Rock, and didn’t play last night. I don’t know what’s up. I don’t think the team thinks he’s ready to be one of the many young defensemen ready to play now, though, or at least make team. I’d think Gilroy, Del Zotto and Potter, for sure, are ahead of him, and probably a few others. There are obviously only two spots on defense open."

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants, who mentions Sanguinetti's struggles through the conditioning skates this weekend, had this quote from the rookie defenseman...

"I'm tired, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse, I could play if I wanted. It's their decision," Sanguinetti said. "I'm not really looking into it too much.

"I'm going about my business," he added.

...looks like someone didn't open his mail this summer (Tortorella letter reference).

...got to say I'm very disappointed in Sanguinetti. How do you not come to camp in-shape? Especially when Torts warned the entire organization.

...his quote makes it even worse. I don't care how tired you are, you don't tell the media. Can you imagine how Tortorella going to respond when he hears that?

Ironically, Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy has Sanguinetti as an Honorable Mention in his Top 10 Rookies Who Could Dominate This Season.

No comments: