Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dapuzzo Reveals Anguish, Depression After Skate Severs His Face

Don't know if you guys remember two years ago during a Rangers/Flyers game when Fedor Tyutin hip-checked Steve Downie and Downie's skate came up and kicked linesman Pat Dapuzzo in the face severing his nose.

If you do, then you must read Chris Botta's story over at AOL Fanhouse in which Dapuzzo opens up for the first time about his memories of the incident...

"There were 10 fractures in my face. My right cheekbone was shattered. Between the accident and all the surgeries I've had, I lost all of my teeth. I lost my sense of smell. I developed sleep apnea. I dealt with terrible earaches caused by bone fragments in my right ear."

...i remember when that happened. It was crazy when Dapuzzo skated over to the malay that broke out with a severed nose. This is an awful story. Dapuzzo was great linesman and I wish him the best.

Here's video of the incident...

No comments: