Thursday, October 22, 2009

Devils 4, Rangers 2


The New York Rangers (7-3-0) lost to the New Jersey Devils (5-3-0) by the score of 4-2, tonight. For a recap and box score go to Yahoo! Sports and newyorkrangers.com.

...despite the loss I thought that was a very entertaining game. Rangers really need to get some guys going. I'm looking at you Higgins and Callahan.

...tough night at the office for Staal and Girardi. A combined -4 and their turnovers were responsible for all the goals. Minus the empty netter.

...sort of a big difference in goaltending when Lundqvist is in there instead of Valiquette.

...loved Avery's game tonight. A fight, tough around the net, shots on goal. The only thing missing was a Rangers win.

...i can't believe I'm saying this but I thought Rozsival had a really solid game defensively.

...Torts needed to give the same speech between the 2nd and 3rd that he did during the first intermission.

...not sure what to think about the line changes. Torts seemed to find something in the second, but that didn't carry over into the third until Torts started mixing again. Should be interesting to see what combinations Torts comes up with at tomorrow's practice.

...Gaborik by the way is on pace for 50.

...Kotalik continues to surprise me as he now has points in 7 of 10 games.

...happy to see Brashear get scratched after a brutal game vs. Sharks.

...wow I can't believe I made it to the end of my recap without praising Del Zotto. Del Zotto is awesome. Sorry I couldn't contain myself.

...one day off for Torts to figure out what's gone wrong these last two games before heading to Montreal.

No comments: