Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Erin Andrews Talks Tortorella

In an interview with Tom Jones of the St. Petersburgh Times, ESPN reporter Erin Andrews talks about John Tortorella's influence on her...

Q: Let's talk about your career. How much did former Tampa Bay Lightning coach John Tortorella (the coach when Andrews started with the NHL team) influence your career?

A: "Torts' has meant so much to me in my life and in my career. It was clearly a situation where he didn't want a 22-year-old around that team, nor should he have. He was trying to turn around the worst team in the league. And here's this 22-year-old kid right out of school traveling on the bus, at the hotel, at all the practices.

But he taught me so much about how to prepare, how you should act as a professional, how to ask questions. I mean, if you weren't prepared, a guy like that could be tough to deal with. (Laughs) And he taught me to have no fear. He taught me how to prepare and jump right in. He was so good and respectful to me, and he didn't have to be. Everybody with the Lightning was like that.

...he should have taught her how to cover-up her hotel room peephole.

...h/t to KuklasKorner.

No comments: