Friday, October 30, 2009

Gaborik, Avery & Higgins Out Tonight

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that Marian Gaborik, Sean Avery and Chris Higgins will all miss tonight's game against Minnesota with various injuries.

P.A. Parenteau will play in his second straight game, Donald Brashear will return to the line-up, while Dane Byers is currently on a flight to Minnesota so the Rangers can fill-out a line-up card for tonight.

On not playing in his return to Minnesota, Gaborik, who participated in this morning's optional skate, said...

“It is disappointing but I can’t do anything about it,” Gaborik said. “I’m trying to push myself to have a good feel but it’s not there. I don’t think I would b e a piece to the puzzle (tonight)."

On whether he'll skate again tomorrow Gaborik added...

“I don’t know. I need to do a lot of treatment.”

...talk about the walking wounded. Luckily they're playing a struggling Wild team. Although, they just lost to terrible Islander team so you never know.

Henrik Lundqvist will start in goal tonight.

No comments: