Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gaborik Doubtful for Tomorrow

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that Marian Gaborik is going to make the trip to Minnesota for tomorrow night's game, however he’s still sore and is listing himself as day to day.

Gross adds that the Rangers sniper will try to skate tomorrow morning and see how he feels, but he won’t try to rush himself back and put himself at further risk for injury.

On the injury Gaborik said...

“It’s not that serious,” Gaborik said. “I thought it was going to be worse the way it felt. I have to make sure I do the right thing and treat it and take it day by day. It doesn’t feel great but it feels better.”

...sounds like more of a bruise than anything and I'm sure the Rangers are just being ultra conservative with their top player.

Gross also reports that Sean Avery and Chris Higgins both missed practice today because they were, as Tortorella explained it, "banged up." Steve Zipay at Blue Notes reports Higgin's injury is an ankle, while Avery's is a knee.

Finally, Gross has this quote from P.A. Parenteau on Tortorella's statement last night that he was worried about the rookie's skating ability...

“I’m not really worried about it, I know what I can do on the ice,” Parenteau said. “I was a little nervous (last night) and I didn’t want to make mistakes. If I play more games, I’ll have more confidence. I made a few mistakes because I was nervous. It’s getting used to the pace. I know I can play at that pace.”

...with the Gaborik injury and some key players struggling, Parenteau might end up getting those games.

No comments: