Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rangers Talk Win vs. Kings

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report has post game quotes released by the Rangers...

John Tortorella on Marian Gaborik in the third period… “That is where game breakers make it. That is just a great shot tonight. He killed penalties tonight. I thought Gaborik was our best player in all facets of the game. Third period is crunch time (and) he makes another big play tonight. He is that guy that you need to make a big play. Early in the season he has done that for us.”

Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game… “It is not easy playing the third game at home in a row, five wins in a row. You get a little comfortable. That is the way it is. The toughest part is, obviously, the mental part. We know they are a really good team, they showed it, especially in the second period where we struggled. The good part is that we don’t panic. We stay together and we know we can change the momentum of the game.”

Marian Gaborik on Vinny Prospal… “He is a great player. He has been around for a while, for many years. (He is) a great playmaker who works hard out there on every shift and you can see it. He looks for players, he battles hard and it pays off.”

Vinny Prospal on his 200th career goal… “Obviously it is a milestone, but there are a lot of other players who have scored more goals than me. It is something…you go back in time and you think about people who didn’t think you would ever play in the NHL and then you get into that number and it is something that maybe I will look back onto when I am done and I can tell my kids. It is nice, and you get it over with. I remember the first goal I scored here was my 600th point and I tried last year to get that point and get it over with. I am glad my personal milestones are behind me.”

No comments: