Thursday, October 1, 2009

Torts: Youth is Important in Cap World

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report has this quote from John Tortorella on the Rangers organization trying to develop youth to win beyond this season...

“What I like is we’ve added some youth to our lineup,” he said. “I think, for us, not only to try to win but to continue to win, developent of your own people, and giving people opportunities, is important in the cap world. So you’ve got Gilroy and Del Zotto, Lisin, Anisimov. We’ve got some youth in here. I think that’s important, along with the foundational youth in the Dubinskys, the Callahans, the Girardis, the Staals. That’s how you become competitive and stay competitive, by continuing to build within your team. So I’m really excited about that.“I’m not going to predict how they’re going to play as we start going through the grind here. But they’ve been attentive, and the guys who are here deserve to be here. We’ll make decisions as we start going through and playing the games.”

...this is music to my ears.

Carpiniello also reports that both Michael Del Zotto and Matt Gilroy were on the No. 1 power-play points today.

No comments: