Friday, November 6, 2009

Avery: Zero Interest in Shenanigans

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes was able to speak with Sean Avery about the attention he's going to receive prior to tomorrow night's game in Calgary due to his 'sloppy seconds' remark last season...

"I have zero interest in all the shenanigans that have built up," Avery said in the lobby of the team hotel. "I've moved on. I'm really just concentrating on the New York Rangers being a good team and doing what I can to help the team win....And I'm really excited to be back in Canada."

...this whole situation has been blown way out of proportion from the beggining. It's definitely something the media enjoys, but I can't imagine that a Flames fan really cares. Or a Flames player (other than Phaneuf of course) for that matter.

...however, i am interested in how Phaneuf is going to handle it.

Zipay also reports on Donald Brashear not being quite ready to play yet. Expect Dane Byers to be back in the line-up tomorrow night.

1 comment:

-DO said...

Brashear out again?! Argh! Can we trade him for Orr?