Saturday, November 21, 2009

Drury Skates (Game Preview Below)

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that Chris Drury skated on his own for the first time today since suffering a concussion in the Rangers’ 3-1 loss at Calgary on Nov. 7.

On the Glencross hit, Drury said...

“I thought I ran into our own guy because I knew I didn’t have the puck or I wasn’t really near the puck. It wasn’t until talking to some of the guys in our room or seeing it on tape that I was knowing what happened.”

When he knew he had a concussion...

“I knew something was right away, you just know right away. I played in Calgary and they changed the visiting training room from the last time I was there. It’s a new setup. I’m sitting there thinking, this isn’t the right room. It kind of felt like you were on the wrong side of a dream. That’s one of the symptoms. Two seconds, two minutes, five minutes later you’re thinking, no, this is the right room.”

Drury added that there’s still no timetable for his return but he did not rule out taking the Rangers trip to Florida, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh that begins Wednesday.

...i know a lot of Ranger fans haven't been happy with Drury since coming to the Rangers, and while he hasn't come close to living up to his contract, I think his importance to the team is evidenced by the Rangers slide in his absence.

No comments: