Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to The New York Rangers Blog

3,669 posts later, The New York Rangers Blog is two years old.

I can't believe that it's been two years since I created my little spot in cyberspace.

When I first started this thing, there was only one other Rangers blog that provided links to Ranger news on the web (Blueshirt Bulletin). Now it seems like a new "links" Rangers blog pops up every day, including some from major media outlets and blog networks.

Which is why I must thank all of my readers. Despite the crowded neighborhood, you guys have continued to visit the blog and spread the word. I also appreciate all of your e-mails of encouragement and insightful comments.

Through your support, last month The New York Rangers Blog had over 45,000 hits. A record for the blog. To put that in perspective, last October I had just under 8,000. Wow!!!

Throughout the two years, I've thought about trying to take the blog to the next level (obtaining press passes for games, interviewing players and live chats), but unfortunately, with a job and two kids, its not possible. Plus, I enoy the current format and I think the readers agree.

Anyway, I thank you for making The New York Rangers Blog one of your stops while surfing the web and I promise to keep all the Rangers news coming.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

5 comments:

!JustDance said...

happy birthday dude.

Glad you are joining the darkside in despising Brash. I told you I would boo him for the whole season.

Go Rangers

Dave Pucks said...

Happy Birthday from your friends at Blueshirt Brothers. I can't believe it's only 2 years - seems like you've been part of our lives forever.

Thanks for all the great info.

Dave Pucks - (BlueshirtBrothers.com)

brian said...

happy birthday! keep up the great work!

TestBlog2121 said...

Don't change a thing! Thanks for your hard work.

Unknown said...

Great job, man. This website has become a "go-to" in my regular rotation. The way the site is set-up is absolutely perfect and needs NO alterations whatsoever. Keep it up, and thanks again from a loyal fan of both the site and the Blueshirts.