Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not a Good Day for Drury; Dubi's Hand Blew Up

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports on the Rangers two injured centers.

On Chris Drury, John Tortorella said...

“I know he had a good day yesterday but he came to the rink today and he wasn’t great,” Tortorella said. “We’re going to keep him away from the rink. I don’t foresee him for Thursday or Saturday by any means. We just need to keep him away from the rink. I think he gets frustrated being at the rink, being the way he is. I don’t think that’s helping him right now. We’ll keep him away…let him get settled.”

...smart move by the Rangers giving him as much time as he needs to come back.

On his hand injury, Brandon Dubinsky explained...

“Basically, for lack of a better word, it blew my hand up, basically,” Dubinsky said. “It was a compression cut from getting hit so it was bleeding pretty bad going off the ice and into the dressing room.

“I had an inclination,” Dubinsky said. “When you get hit like that, to feel, the way it felt, I knew it wasn’t a good sign. I’ve been hit with a lot of pucks, I’ve suffered a lot of bruises. But this one was a lot different than that. I put my stick in my left hand because I couldn’t even hang onto it so I knew it was going to be tough.”

...example 'A' why hockey players are the toughest of any sport.

...i wonder Redden's shot would be able to brake someone's finger nail?

No comments: