Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rangers Talk Win vs. Boston

Here are quotes released by the Rangers after the game...

John Tortorella on the team’s effort…
“That is a tough team to play against – the way they play, how strong defensively they are, how they play in the neutral zone. It needed to be a patient, grinding type game. I think if you open yourself up, that is when they counter and that is when they become successful. I thought our decision making was good. I thought our grinding was better. Cally (Ryan Callahan)…I thought (Christopher) Higgins had a good game in the grinding part of it. (Ales) Kotalik, as far as being strong on the puck. We found a way to score a goal and found a way to win.”

Marian Gaborik on Vinny Prospal…
“His work ethic is unbelievable. He is a great playmaker. He goes there and works hard. He sees the ice, you can see that every night out there. He is looking to pass and he did tonight.”

Henrik Lundqvist on today’s game…
“It was a fun game. This is what I was used to last year…low scoring and tight. I got a little spoiled this year. We have been scoring a lot. The feeling was one mistake could cost us big time. I like that feeling. I have to be on my toes all of the time.”

Vinny Prospal on today’s game…
“Obviously Hank (Henrik Lundqvist) was great for us in net. He made some huge saves throughout the whole hockey game. We were able to score the goal and it proved to be the winner. They are a really good hockey team. They have everything that a hockey team needs. They have the playmakers. They have the goal scorers and they have a great goalie as well.”

1 comment:

TestBlog2121 said...

Great quote from Lundqvist:

"The feeling was one mistake could cost us big time. I like that feeling. I have to be on my toes all of the time.”