Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rangers Talk Win vs. Sens

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has these post game quotes after the Rangers victory over the Senators...

On missing a wide open net late in the third, P.A. Parenteau explained...

“I knew I had the empty net all along and the puck rolled on me.” He also took the blame for the sole Senators goal. “One bad backcheck,” said Parenteau. “I got beat up the ice by Lee, but I otherwise I was okay, made some good passes. I told myself before the game to hold onto the puck more; I don’t want to dump it all the time.”

On choosing shootout participants, John Tortorella said...

“Our top guys are going to go. Gabby’s going to go, Kots (Ales Kotalik, who is better than 58 percent in his career) is going to go, Vinny Prospal deserves to be there. Then we just kept going down the line.”

On Sean Avery, Tortorella noted...

“I thought it was one of Sean’s better games,” he said. “He was involved physically (four hits and one roughing penalty) and was very important on the last power play…Sean is doing his job correctly; he’s not interfering with the goalie, he’s just there in the blue. I thought he played much better in the way he needs to play, with that type of physical presence he can bring and the jam. The stuff with the refs, we might as well stop talking about that. I don’t think they’re calling anything different on him, he just needs to play his game. He took a step in the right direction.”

On Chris Higgins, Tortorella said...

“He almost won the game in regulation there,” said Tortorella. “He hits the post, and had a couple chances, so he’s played very well…He was hard on the puck, he’s getting better the last five games, I don’t want to screw him up by playing center because his game has come on, but he’s gonna play there.”

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants also has post game quotes including this one from Vinny Prospal on scoring his first career short handed goal...

“It gave us a little bit of life,” Prospal said. “The last five minutes of the second period we played much better than the first 15. we didn’t have any momentum. Henrik was incredible for us, especially in the second period. He’s the key why we were still in the game."

No comments: