Thursday, December 17, 2009

Changes A Comin'

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report wonders what John Tortorella will do today to shake things up and offers up some advice...

"...tonight he should make a major statement. Here’s what I’d do: Put Chris Drury and Michal Rozsival in the pressbox. Maybe one other, too."

While Steve Zipay at Blue Notes chimes in as well saying Tortorella...

"...needs to cut through the weeds in this embarrassingly overgrown Garden of Sleep (not Dreams) today, by benching or waiving either Wade Redden or Michal Rozival to send a message and clear roster space before this tugboat sinks."

Neither think it would be fair to throw Chad Johnson in goal tonight.

...both have great ideas, but I'm sure it will be same old, same old with Torts probably benching Lisin for Voros.

And what's with Ranger beat writers stealing my ideas. Last week Larry Brooks used my idea of Dan Cloutier being the Rangers answer to their back-up goaltending dilemma. Now last night Michael Obernauer at the Blueshirts Blog used my Lundqvist channeling Dennis Green line and even linked to the video. Both without any attributions.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Espn.com is reporting in their rumors section that Glen Sather may be fired if the Rangers lose tonight. I'm not an "espn insider" so I can't read the whole report, but I'd love to hear the rest of the details! Anyone have access?

Unknown said...

I probably should have posted the link:

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/rumors?rumorId=2012

I'm on my iPhone, so it's a "mobile" link, but it should direct a regular browser appropriately.

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow Rangers blogger! I'm the writer of Blueshirt Dirt! I love to read your blog and am adding it to my blogroll. I hope you will do the same....thanks so much!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why it'd take tonight's game for Sather to get canned other than it is insanely humiliating for the Rangers to lose to the Islanders. For there to be a "straw" to break the camel's back, why should this be it?

Rob Abruzzese said...

That's pretty cheap of Michael Obernauer. And people say bloggers don't have any standards. His stature has certainly taken a hit in my eyes now.

Bronx Baseball Daily